Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Ultimate Would You Rather...

"...I would rather spend my life believing in something,only to find out that it never existed, Than to spend my life not believing,only to find out that it did exist".

I listened to two men debate about something, I wasn't really listening that close, but that is what one of them said, and that was the only thing that I heard. I turned off the radio and really thought about what he said. Now I have always been a believer, so that wasn't an issue for me really, but what if I wasn't? At the time I wasn't going to church and stuff, but I felt that God really wanted me to think about what that man said. So I did.
I thought about all the Christians that I know. How their lifestyles are, how they talk to people, and act towards people.I know them to be caring and loving towards people, no anger. I thought about living my life that way, trying to live at peace with myself and others and hoping at the end that there is a great reward, but then I die, and I find that there was no reward.
Then, I thought about it the other way. What if I lived my life to the max, I just took full advantage of having human life, only being self-serving. Thinking that this life is all there is and that the only reward we will ever have is the one that you earn here on earth....but, then I die, and I find myself standing somewhere that I never believed existed. Heaven. Then what?
I have chosen not to gamble here. There is nothing wrong for me to live my life with kindness and good intentions in my heart. I choose to live by faith and not by sight. Even though I have never physically seen $100,000, that doesnt mean that it cant exist.
To me, Believing is the core to my faith, that is were it starts.

He is the Alpha and the Omega!!!!!

No comments: