Thursday, December 6, 2007

Id like to give a shout-out!

I often go through my day on my own straight, giving myself praise when I have accomplished something.I get an ego boost when my kids praise me for making their favorite dinner or making a special snack before bed. I love to hear them say "your the best mom" and I love it when Austin says "your my most favorite mom ever", as if he has more than one.I get all kinds of thanks for making cookies and mac&cheese.

God made us in His own image. If we like to be praised for something that we did, how much more does He?He is the creator, the maker of all things good.He created trees,mountains, snow, the Grand Canyon!...the list is never ending! These are things that I take for granted, things that I see and say"wow look at that" but never taking into consideration how they came to be.

"WOW! What a great job You did Father!You really thought about it when You made these things!You made them perfect!"

I love to think about what He thinks when we praise and worship Him. What joy He must feel when His children say thanks. I think about Him sitting on His throne looking down at us with a smile on His face and His heart overflowing with love for us.

Today lets not let His perfect work go unnoticed. Lets thank Him when we see something beautiful, no matter what it is, the white snow or someone doing a good deed. Lets not get upset because we have to dust off our cars or complain about the cold, lets thank God for the snow and the cold, lets remember that He made it perfect. Lets go through today and everyday giving Him shouts of praise and thanks, because He is the most deserving of them!

No comments: