Saturday, December 29, 2007

Proud or Lucky

So, after a great day of shopping with my mom, I'm on my way home and I'm sitting at a stop light and there is a truck in front of me. It had a camper top on the bed of it, on the window there was an etched type sticker that read "kill them all and let God sort them out", if that wasn't disturbing enough, directly under that on the tail gate there was a bumper sticker that read "proud to be an American".

After reading those I was instantly mad and upset. I wanted to pull up to that guy and give him a nasty look. I was thinking to myself-what kind of person says that?-who are you to think killing is the answer? etc.. I was just plain irritated. Then I started to feel bad for him, I felt sad that he would be proud of that sticker (enough to have it permanently on his vehicle). I felt sorry for him.

I also got me thinking. Why do people think that low of God. Does he think that God is ok with killing, like, it will give God something to do? Or that God would be proud of it? Did he ever think that God would sort out the killers and not the victims? "Kill them all..."-like kill children,women,men,teens, whatever is breathing? Like a field of weeds, you would destroy the entire field if you wanted to grow fresh grass, so just destroy a whole country and start over?

There are a lot of "Christian" groups that make God look bad. I use the "" because they claim to be but do things to people that I know Christ would not approve of.
Anyway, There are a lot of Americans that make America look bad also. That is a perfect example.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands,
one nation, under God, indivisible,
with liberty and justice for all.

Our very own promise to our very own nation. With "liberty and justice for all", for all...not all Americans but for all! That is our promise, justice for all. If he is proud to be an American than he should honor this promise. Just as if we are proud to be Christians, then we need to honor God.
Is he "proud" to be an American, or just lucky he lives in America?

On a happier note, as I was turning on a street by my house, while still thinking about that truck, I looked over and there was literally- a 10 foot snowman! He was dyed in food coloring or something, his top was red, his belly was white and his bottom was blue. He had stick arms, a carrot nose and a smile made of rocks. The family that made him-now they are proud to be Americans!!!!!!!

No comments: