Thursday, November 29, 2007

Cool like that!

11"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. Matthew 5:11-12

I loved going out on the weekends. I loved to have drinks with my friends and dance all night. I loved being in everyones business and gossiping about people, probably to make myself feel better about my own life. I also unknowingly dated a married man. Worse is when I found out that he was I continued the relationship, and let myself fall in love with him. After I found out, even though I didnt have the relationship with God then as I do now, I felt God telling me to end it. But I was more worried about my relationship with that man then the one with God. I have always been concerned about what others think of me, I dont want people to think that I'm wierd or something. Looking back at that..how silly of me to worry about that!

Fear of what people will say was something that kept me from seeking Gods truth for me. When I look at it, almost everyone hated Jesus, they called him all kinds of names, that didnt stop him.Jesus wasnt worried that Simon wouldnt talk to him anymore, they killed him for being who he was! Today, no one is going to kill us for being a Christian (in the US anyways), and lets thank God for that. I can honestly say that being a Christ follower is the hardest thing that I have ever done, but it is the most rewarding. When I began my walk with Christ, He took from me the desire to party and replaced it with the desire to learn about Him. He took from me the fear of ridicule from others and replaced it with love and understanding towards them. God is good like that, He fixes things in me that just arent right!

I feel that I am proof that if you put your trust and faith in God that He will not ignore you. He will show you His will for your life, He will take you places and show you things that you never thought possible. He is cool like that!!!

No comments: