Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Our Finest Gifts We Bring

I broke down in tears this afternoon by a song. I listened to it and was reading the lyrics with it and all of a sudden, tears. A song that we all have heard this time of year, The Little Drummer Boy. I have heard it so many times, but only today did I really listen to it.

Come they told me pa-rum-pum-pum-pum
A newborn King to see pa-rum-pum-pum-pum
Our finest gifts we bring pa-rum-pum-pum-pum
To lay before the King pa-rum-pum-pum-pum
So to honor Him pa-rum-pum-pum-pum
When we come

Little baby pa-rum-pum-pum-pum
I am a poor boy too pa-rum-pum-pum-pum
I have no gifts to bring pa-rum-pum-pum-pum
That's fit to give a King pa-rum-pum-pum-pum
Shall I play for You pa-rum-pum-pum-pum
on my drum, on my drum

Mary nodded pa-rum-pum-pum-pum
The ox and lamb kept time pa-rum-pum-pum-pum
I played my best for Him pa-rum-pum-pum-pum
Then He smiled at me pa-rum-pum-pum-pum
Me and my drum, me and my drum

I have no gift to bring that's fit to give a King. So with Marys approval, he played his drum. Him who was a little boy-not a man but a boy, offered something to the King, even though at that time, the King was a baby. A poor boy felt that nothing he had was worthy enough to give a King, so he played his best for Him, and baby Jesus smiled as though He was excepting the little boys gift.

I have no gift that is fit for a King. What is a fitting gift for Jesus? I suppose Jesus is that person on your Christmas list that you have no idea what to get that person who has everything. Jesus is not looking for material gifts, even as a baby. The only thing that He is looking for is us. For us to live our lives for Him. He wants only for our hearts to beat for Him.

The only gift I can bring that is fit for my King.... me.

Our finest gifts we bring,
To lay before the King!!

No comments: