Monday, December 10, 2007

My Off Day

Today is the kind of day that I absolutely dread.
1) I woke up with the same headache that I have had for 3 days now,
2) the headache is wearing on me so I am tired, and...
3) I feel kinda alone today.

I know well enough that God never leaves my side, but I sure feel like He has.
Last week was great! I had great time in prayer, I had an awesome time in worship, I praised Him for all kinds of things, It was just...great!

Today, however, isn't that great I have to sadly report. Every now and then I have days like this, I like to call them, in a humorous way, my off day, like Gods day off. The feeling that I'm in, is like that He has taken a day off from me. When I pray, I feel that my prayer stays in the room with me. I feel that I'm not getting the answers to the questions that I'm asking like I usually get. I feel ineffective today. I know that when I feel this way, that He wants me to be learning something, He is teaching me something....But WHAT?

Now that I think about it, last night in prayer, I asked Him to search my heart for things that need to be changed, to convict me where needed so that I can grow as a Christ follower. I suppose that is why I am having this kind of day....I asked for it!

Usually when I sit down before I write this blog, I pray that God shows me what I need to write. Writing this blog is not only to share with readers and encourage others but I also get clarity out of it. I like to use it as a time to sit with God and learn about Him, by Him. And before I start I ask Him to show me, and lead me...well, today, I didn't feel lead anywhere. I didn't feel anything laid on my heart to write like I usually do. So, I figure, this is what I am supposed to write about.

I am learning that when these days happen to me that He wants me to learn something (I already said that I know), but days like today bum me out and all I want to do is take some Excedrin PM and crawl back into bed. Now, if I did that what am I learning? Nothing. God was interacting with me so much last week that maybe towards the end of the week I didn't depend on Him as much. Perhaps that is why He backs off a little from us once in a while, to remind us that we are to always depend on Him for everything.

Well, I am going to continue to look for the answer. When I find it I will write about it.
Lets pray for Him to always make Himself known to us:

Heavenly Father,
Thank You for being so great to us,
Thank You for for everything You have done and will do for us,
Father I pray that You continue to make Yourself known in my life,
that You give me the straight that I need to make it through the day,
and that I would be humble enough to give You the glory that you so deserve.
Father, on days like today, I need to believe something big, Help me to remember
Your faithfulness on days like today, and help me to be patient as I wait for your answers.
In Jesus most perfect name I pray,
Amen

2 comments:

STEPHANIE. said...

I am so excited for you! stepping out of your comfort zone is a big thing.And being able to post something for everyone to see is really refreshing. It feels so great to share the joys of our lives, dosen't it? oh God is good.:) It is so wonderful to see pictures of your kids too. how cute!

STEPHANIE. said...

oh.. by the way...about this post... hang in there we all have days like that... i love how you said at the end..."His most PERFECT name." Trusting that He is perfect, is proof that we believe He is in control and that He is teaching you something.:)SMiles!