Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Limited Thinking

I think that there are many misunderstandings when it comes to having faith and God. I think that there are alot of "christian"groups that make Christians look bad and that turns people way from God. I'm not going to talk about the people that say God hates the US, that is a whole different subject in itself, I don't even have words to say about that topic! But in the less extreme more realistic sense, some people see faith as rules:
-I can only wear skirts
-I cant eat sugar
-I cant watch TV
-I cant take birth control
-I have to pray 20 times a day
-I cant dance, drink or laugh......
The truth of this is, is that yes, these are some things that different denominations practice.

17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect[a] the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:17-18

In this passage the "unveiled faces" refers to Christians, believers of Christ.
I wore a veil (more like 10 veils!) over my face for a long time. That veil held me back from pursuing God will in my life. When I seen this list with my veil on, I only seen limitations vs. now looking at them with my veil off, I see that this list ultimately came from God. And because He is so awesome, He knew that if the world were to only have one denomination/religion then we (His children) would be limited in knowing Him.
I have learned not to limit my thinking when it comes to faith in Christ. I had to realize that just because someone does or doesn't do these things, that they are fulfilling Gods call in there life, which was something that I wasn't doing while judging them. Thinking that they were weird, when I was the one losing out. God has done alot of work with my heart this past few years, we have come along way together. He taught me that how you get to the finish line isn't as important as making it there. All Christians have the same goal: to get to heaven, to have eternal life with Jesus Christ. So no matter if you don't eat sugar, or you do until your teeth fall out, the goal is still the same, eternal life with Christ.
I also used to think that there were no "cool" Christ followers,that you were a "bible banger" (thanks Brandy!) if you had a relationship with God. But I want to state for the record that I know some very cool women (and men) that believe, in fact I sat down with 3 this morning and 4 last night. Women who are as normal as they come, graphic designers, teachers, artist, program directors, moms and wives, the only difference is that "They're Believing God"!!!!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

And what a mighty God He is!