Monday, November 26, 2007

Misunderstood

False: Because the world isnt the same as it was 1,000 years ago God has changed to "fit in".
Fact: God is still the same as He was when He created Adam and Eve.
He doesnt change! I used to think that He did, probably to justify my behavior. I thought..."Look at the world today, If judgement day were to happen today, everyone is doomed. But God is supposed to be good, so he wont cast us all away from him because all of my sins are excepted in todays living world. Millions of people are doing the same things I am....". I have a feeling that I am not the only one who thought that.
How depressing would that be; If God were wishy-washy like we are. If He changed His ways to "fit in". Think about this: the very hand that created heaven and earth is the very same hand that loves us today.
This is something that God has recently revealed to me. That he is so powerful and perfect that His love and rightousness never changes. That He will always forgive my sin (and forget it happened!) if I ask Him with a sincere heart, no matter how many times I make the same mistake. Unlike me who is unforgiving and unforgetting. Before I was really able to have a relationship with Christ, I first had to understand that He is allpowerful and unchanging. He is more than you or I can fathom, our minds cannot hold or comperhend his majesty and how BIG He is.

No comments: