Monday, November 26, 2007

In the "zone"

10 years ago my comfort zone was way different then it is today. I was comfortable smoking, getting drunk and high and having sex. I felt uncomfortable when I went to church (on the rarest occasion) and when I would pray, which was usually selfishly.
I was raised in a Catholic school so I have always beleived in God, but now I realize that it was in a superficial way. Adults that I was suppost to look up to and learn from drank, cheated on spouses and partied all the time. The only thing I learned at the time was that that kind of behivior was excepted.
After I had my first baby at 19, God sent me an angel (thats what I would call her anyway). She was my sons babysitter. Joan. She was the one to help me take my first step out of my comfort zone. She invited me to church one Sunday and my life since then slowly started to change. It has been a hard fight out and I fell back into my zone many times since, but God planted a seed in my heart that day and He waited patiently for my to notice it.

No comments: