Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Teaching the Unteachable

My only question this morning was "what in the world are You trying to teach me today?".

6am, Sam (my baby-who is teething by the way) wakes up.
6:45am, Zach (my 7yr old) wakes up and wants breakfast.
7am, Austin (my 5yr old) wakes up and is in a great mood (which is NOT normal for him).
7:10am, Zach is throwing a fit because the only thing we have to eat for breakfast is Cheerios (which by the way he LOVES- just not today).
7:30am, Grandpa pick up the boys to take them to school.
7:31am, aahhhhh.....breath Sarah.....
Then, I feed Sam a bottle, take a shower, get dresses, do my hair and make-up and get Sam ready and....
8:30am, WOW!! I'm never ready by 8:30! Woohoo! "I'm going to be on time"!
8:31am-9:05am,
-go to take a basket of table clothes out to the car and I notice the snow isn't shoveled.
-take the basket back inside, grab the shovel (which by the way is freezing cold) and attempt to clear a walk- with no gloves because I couldn't find any.
-go back and grab the basket and take it to the car (with freezing cold hands that I can't feel)
-get Sam in his car seat and pack the diaper bag.
-while Sam is crying because he hates the car seat, I am looking for my bible.
-I go up-stairs, no, I look down-stairs, no, then I go up one more time, still no.
-I remember that should probably grab a couple of tampons (sorry for the details), so I go back up-stairs...
-Duh...there is my bible, on the stairs (remember I passed it like 4 times), grab the tampons.
-"Mmm... maybe I should put on a pad-just in case" (sorry again).
-go into the bathroom,put on a pad, pull up my undies and the pad was all the way in the front. "ok, not going to work"
-I tried to adjust it but it got all stuck together, so...
-I put a different one on, that one was all the way in back "geez, whats the deal", tried to fix that one and it got stuck together...
-Tried another one and the wings stuck to the bottom before I could even try to stick to my undies!!! "what the..... AAAHHHH!!"
-Last chance, I stuck it on first and then I pulled of the paper for the wings, " 'bout time!"
-Get Sam in the car and go to lock up the house and my house key wasn't were it usually is.
-So now I'm searching frantically (while on the phone with my mom who called at the ever so perfect time) for my key, "ok, found it in my purse"
-I get in the car and turn on the wipers and there stuck to the window. "PERFECT"!!!
-I start taking some aggression out on the ice stuck on the window to free the wipers. "MOM, I GOTTA GO"!
-Finally, they are free. I get in the car and look at the clock.
" 9:10!! CRAP! I'm going to be late"! (that is nothing new though)
-The whole time I was planning on getting a latte before bible study but now all I want is a sausage muffin and a coke!
-The man that cut in front of me while pulling into McDonald's didn't know what he wanted, of course
-And, in addition to all the pot holes I was trying to avoid on Locust St., there was a man driving in the middle of the road so that he was avoiding them, thus keeping traffic at a cool 28mph!
-In front of Duck Creek Park, I threw up my hands and asked "What in the world are You trying to teach me today?" and I said "I'm giving this to You, I am so frustrated right now, please, take it, I give it to You, teach me something!!!"
9:35am, I pull up to church. Only 5 minutes late!

Looking back at my morning, I can see were He was teaching me things. I thought that it was patience, but, it was more than that. Yes, patience was one of them, but also I learned something about dependence on Him, in everything I do, in everything. I also learned that I am not in control, He is! As soon as I gave up control, the rest of the ride there was smooth as silk, He is in control always!

God is so amazing! I am praising Him so much more after the morning that I had than any other morning before. "Thank you so much Lord, for loving me enough to teach me when I feel unteachable! I love you! You are so amazing! Thank you!"

1 comment:

STEPHANIE. said...

wow, that has kind of been my lesson this week as well...I need to let Him take control and I can not do everything on my own...I liked your story :)