Friday, November 21, 2008

SingledOut??

So, last Friday night at church there was a singles night called SingledOut. Its not a dating service, in fact...I'm really unsure of what it is they do. Anywho, I went. While I was sitting there they gave me a pen. The pen read "Singled Out for Gods Purpose". I sat there and looked at it for a minute and stuffed it in my purse and didn't think twice about it.

On my way home from dropping off my friend that went with that pen came to my mind. I started thinking about why I am single and how I got here and I started getting mad and upset. So, I turned off the radio and started talking out loud, hoping God would jump into the conversation. Nope...He didn't, He actually waited until I calmed down and spoke kindly to Him. I love Him! ;)

As I drove and talked with God about my purpose for being single and why did my marriage end the way it did, He reminded me that I showed Troy where to find Him at. That Troy would not have otherwise found Him. That I was faithful to Him and so I fulfilled my purpose for that time. "But what is my purpose now" "What is my next mission" "Why, why, why..."
He kept asking me if I trust in Him. And then reminded me of the song that I last blogged, which happens to be a song that I have been living by these last couple months. "Yes, I remember Father, and yes, I trust you".

From that point on I knew it was Gods plan for me to where I am at. I know it is my job to remain faithful to Him and seek Him wholeheartedly everyday. He also told me that for now my purpose it to help lead unbelievers to Him, no matter how hard it rains on me. I thought for a minute, "yeah right...me"? And again, He asked if I trust Him.

I have to admit, when they gave me that pen I thought, "geez, why not just stamp 'SINGLE' on our foreheads!". But, without that pen, I might still be wondering if I am fulfilling one of Gods plans for my life. I love the way He works, and I am happy to report that a friend of mine, who by the way hasn't gone to church in many years, has started attending with me! Praise God! He is so faithful!

1 comment:

STEPHANIE. said...

You have such a positive attitude...but no one said it was going to be easy. You are such a strong woman, look forward to seeing you soon.