Monday, August 4, 2008

I Do Believe

"I do believe; help me to overcome my unbelief"
Mark 9:24

I do...I truly believe that God has a plan for me, but still there is unbelief.

"For I know the plans I have for you....plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".
Jeremiah 29:11

I believe that...I truly believe it, but still there is unbelief.

I sat down here wanting answers to these questions:
-why are people so mean?
-why is my marriage ending?
-why did he cheat?
-why did I have to see what I did?
- why me?
-what are You teaching me?

I sat down here wanting to put God in a box, that is all I wanted to do. I wanted Him to give me the answers to all 6 questions in full detail so that I can mark it in my Day Planner and go to sleep.

But that is not what He wants from me.

"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you...and bring you back from captivity"
Jeremiah 29:12-14

I would never ask for His help if I had His Day Planner, why would I? As much as I just don't get God, I get Him...make sense? I will never understand why He allows certain things to happen in our lives, but at the same time I kind of do understand. Because He loves us, he wants the absolute best for us.

This post may not make any sense to you, and I will share more about it soon. I am still trying to digest the things that are happening in my life right now. You probably see where this story is heading if you read my questions to God.

Father God,
Thank you so much for loving me,
thank you for everything you have given me and everything you will give,
Father, I pray and ask that you help me to be a woman with integrity,
with love and compassion for people just as you do for me.
Father help me to see that you want the best for me when I cant see your truth,
Help me to hear your voice when I cant hear
and help me to believe when I have unbelief,
I pray and ask these things in Jesus name,
Amen

3 comments:

Brandy said...

My dearly beloved...there are some answers God will only provide in His time...and we will be stronger for them. Saying we believe...and actually believing are two very different things. But there is great comfort in surrendering in His arms...and beyond understanding...simply believing.

Father God grant Sarah your peace in the midst of her turmoil....becoming her shelter in this storm. May she rest in your arms...and the spirit rush in to fill those voids left in her heart. Grant her wisdom and discernment to bravely walk in your ways.

Heather said...

I just want you to know that I am praying for you. Just remember that God teaches us something in all circumstances, we just have to keep our eyes open to see it! I love you and know that God has great plans for you!

STEPHANIE. said...

I admire your vulnerability and honesty...You are such a strong women. Im here if you need anything.